Wednesday, September 18, 2013



Comfort Food
 18 September 2013

      What comes to mind when you hear the words, "comfort food?"  Having been raised in the south, my mind usually goes to chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with white gravy, string beans, corn, a biscuit, and a Coke.  YUMMY!  If, however, I asked you what you consider your spiritual comfort food, what would you say?

        So many people I know comfort their spiritual needs with food and drink, relationships, and things...and it is never enough.  For me, spiritual comfort food includes: listening to inspirational books on audio, reading great stories with positive lessons, listening to music, laughing with friends, spending time with my family, and writing.  Listening to birds singing, snuggling with Leisl & Winston, my longhaired dachshunds, lighting candles to scent my environment, and spending time in Bible study and prayer fingering my rosary -- these feed my soul.

      What is your spiritual comfort food?  Please share!

~ Missy ~


No comments:

Post a Comment