Thursday, August 29, 2013

29 August 2013


Mentoring, Managing, Leading, Coaching, Training, Developing....
   
          How many of you, like me, chose to take time out of the corporate world to nurture your children and raise them up to be adults?  After you assisted with their launch into adult life, were you ready to go back to corporate life?  If so, let's talk!

           I wanted to become a Mom and wanted to be home with our daughter.  In business terms, choosing to be a Mom was strategic / intentional, and being promoted to the greatest job on earth - being a Mom - was a bonus.  What are the skills learned and honed from Mothering can be leveraged into organizational / corporate positions when going back into the business world?  

          This week I want to hear from you.  In the title of this blog, I mentioned 6 skills I honed during my years in active Mothering.  I developed MOMS [Mom's Organizational Management System] and used this model to highlight skills that are critical to being hired in business / corporations today.  What about you?  I'd like to hear from other Moms who became "empty-nesters" and went back to corporate life.

        Please post your answers and comments to these questions:

1.  What skills do Moms bring to the workplace that are learned / used / honed in the process of Mothering?

2.  How can Moms leverage their skills after a hiatus out of the workplace and in the home with children?

3. What obstacles, either real or perceived, exist for Moms going back to the business / corporate environment?

Many Blessings, Missy 

*  The above photo is of my wonderful daughter & me!  I love being her Mom, and I was thrilled that I left "big business" to be home with her full time.  It was a terrific opportunity and we are all getting a fabulous ROI because of that strategic move.  Now that she's successfully launched into her adult life, I'm jump-starting my 2nd career into business again.




No comments:

Post a Comment